Frodo Baggins was exquisitely portrayed by Elijah Jordan Wood (my favorite actor, by the way :). His birth-date is January 28, 1981, in Cedar rapids, Iowa, US. He has two siblings: Zack (older brother) and Hannah (younger sister).
- Those furry feet became the bane of our existence!
- Dream the impossible because dreams do come true.
- I had a woman breakdown and cry when she met me which was difficult to deal with because immediately when someone starts to cry, you want to comfort them, you know, "Poor thing." I comforted her. I tried to make her feel better.
- I think being different, going against the grain of society is the greatest thing in the world.
- I'm kind of insane when it comes to music, a little obsessed.
- In the absence of love, there is nothing worth fighting for.
- So much time is wasted on trying to be better than others.
- There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
- There's a real purity in New Zealand that doesn't exist in the states. It's actually not an easy thing to find in our world anymore. It's a unique place because it is so far away from the rest of the world. There is a sense of isolation and also being protected.
- I definitely don't look my age. So I actively look for roles that will help people change their perception of me.
- His favorite bands are The Beatles and The Smashing Pumpkins.
- He plays piano.
- He lives in an apartment in Manhattan with his sister.
- Owns thousands of CDs because of his love for music.
- When he went to NZ for LotR, he brought 300 CDs...then bought 300 more there
- Hates rap, country, and heavy metal
- His favorite books are The Hobbit and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Is still a fan of the ex-Smashing Pumpkin Billy Corgan’s new band, Zwan.
- Says Frodo Baggins was his best role.
- He was the first member of the Lord of the Rings fan club.
- Some of his hobbies are reading, fencing, rollerblading, swimming, collecting Star Wars stuff, basketball, hockey, singing, surfing, cooking, photography.
- Bites his fingernails AND his toenails.
- Favorite color is blue.
- Wears clear contacts as a result of being cross-eyed, and also wears glasses at times
- If he weren't an actor he would be a Secret Agent
- Learns singing professionally
- Says that he is really interested in the film making process and would like to be a director one day.
- Owns the One Ring and keeps it in a box at home
- Loves animals
- Loves playing video games
- Favorite food is homemade potato salad
- For his audition as Frodo, he rented a costume, headed to the Los Angeles hills, and had a couple of friends film him acting out a few of Frodo's scenes.
- Wasn't really considered for the role of Frodo until he sent in his audition tape
- As Miranda Otto (Eowyn) says, "Elijah has the innocence of a child, the wisdom of a ninety-year-old man, and the grace of an angel."
- Was offered the role of Han Solo in Star Wars Episode III, but turned it down
- Was considered for the role of Chase in "Drive Me Crazy," but he was thought to look too young next to Melissa Joan Hart
- The way he got his nickname "Monkey" is that when he was little, he used to climb on trees, cabinets, or anything else he could