Billy Boyd wonderfully portrayed Pippin (Peregrin) Took the rather foolish yet hilarious Hobbit. He was born on August 28, 1968 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK. He has a girlfriend (Ali McKinnon) who is a Scottish dancer. Their son, Jack William Boyd, was born on April 26, 2006.
- My worst habit is whistling while I sleep.
- He’s a talented singer with a strong tenor/light baritone voice. He has a range of F# to A above middle C--over 2 octaves.
- Plays the guitar.
- Plays the bass.
- 12/1/2002: Topped list of the Top 100 Most Eligible Men in Scotland.
- Favorite color is blue.
- Favorite movies are LotR, Indiana jones, and Notting Hill
- Favorite drink is malt whiskey
- His favorite comedians are the Marx Brothers
- His hobbies include surfing, drinking, dancing, and having a good time!
- Lord of the Rings was the only book Billy did not read while working as a book binder. He tried to read it once when on holiday in the USA, but after a few chapters he dropped it into the pool!
- His Elvish Fellowship tattoo is on his ankle