Christopher Frank Carandini Lee wonderfully impersonated Saruman, the proud wizard. He was born on May 27, 1922 in Belgravia, Westminster, England. He is married to former model Birgit Kroencke and they have a daughter named Christina Erika Carandini Lee. He fought in World War 2 (Thank you, Mr. Lee, my great grandfather fought in WWII as well and I very appreciate it). For more information on his involvement in WWII visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee.
- I've always acknowledged my debt to Hammer. I've always said I'm very grateful to them. They gave me this great opportunity, made me a well known face all over the world for which I am profoundly grateful.
- There was a gap of seven years between the first and second Dracula movies. In the second one as everybody knows, I didn't speak, because I said I couldn't say the lines.
- Is a classically trained singer
- Was one of the judges for the 1995 Miss World beauty pageant
- Appears on the cover of Paul McCartney's 1973 album "Band on the Run"
- He is fluent in German
- Speaks French well enough to understand questions and give long replies in a press conference
- Is the only member of the cast and crew of Lord of the Rings to have met Tolkien
- As a member of volunteer troops from Britain, Lee fought in the Winter War in 1939-40 in Finland
- Coming from an acting dynasty, his great-grandparents founded the first Australian opera company
- Is a Commander of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem
- Has read the LotR trilogy once a year ever since the books were published
- With over 255 film and TV productions, he is THE international star with the most screen credits
- Wore a false nose as Saruman
- Broke his left hand when he slammed it on his hotel door
- Plays Count Dooku in the Star Wars movies; the name "Count Dooku" is a spoof of one of Christopher's previous roles, Count Dracula